Home » How to Clean Your Dryer?
Wondering how to clean your dryer the right way? Follow the below points to get a squeaky clean dryer without any hassle!
- Unplug the dryer from its power source. This is an important safety step as it ensures that the dryer cannot accidentally turn on while you are cleaning it.
- Remove the lint filter from the dryer and use a brush or a vacuum cleaner to remove any lint or debris that may have accumulated in the filter compartment. Clean the lint filter with warm soapy water, then dry it completely before replacing it back into the dryer.
- Use a dryer vent brush or a vacuum cleaner with a crevice tool attachment to clean the inside of the dryer drum. Make sure to remove any debris or lint that may have accumulated on the drum walls or the door seal.
- Clean the exterior of the dryer, including the control panel, knobs, and the outside of the drum. Use a damp cloth and mild detergent to wipe down the exterior.
- Check the venting system and ducts that connect the dryer to the outside of your home. Make sure they are free of lint and debris. If you notice any blockages, use a dryer vent cleaning kit or a long-handled brush to remove them.
- Reassemble the dryer and plug it back in. Test the dryer to make sure it’s working properly.
- It is recommended to clean your dryer every 6 months or more often if you notice a decrease in its performance. Lint buildup can not only decrease the efficiency of your dryer but also a fire hazard.
- Cleaning the dryer vent and ducts is an important step in keeping your dryer safe and efficient.
- Run a load of towels with a damp cloth on high heat for 30 minutes after cleaning to ensure that any remaining debris and cleaning solution is removed from the drum.
By following these steps, you can ensure that your dryer is running safely and efficiently, and that your clothes are getting dried effectively.