Home » Cost of Kitchen Cabinets in 2023
The cost of kitchen cabinets can vary greatly depending on the materials, style, and size of the cabinets. On average, the cost for a basic set of stock cabinets can range from $100 to $500 per linear foot. Custom cabinets, which are made to fit the specific measurements of your kitchen and can include high-end materials and finishes, can range from $500 to $1,500 per linear foot. Additionally, the cost of installation and hardware can add an additional $500 to $1,500 to the overall cost. It is best to get quotes from several different cabinet suppliers to compare prices and find the best option for your budget and needs.
When considering the cost of kitchen cabinets, it’s important to also consider the type of material you want to use. Some popular options include:
- Laminate: This is a cost-effective option that is easy to clean and maintain. Laminate cabinets can range from $50 to $150 per linear foot.
- Wood: Wood is a popular choice for kitchen cabinets due to its durability and natural beauty. The cost for wood cabinets can range from $100 to $500 per linear foot, depending on the type of wood and finish.
- Thermofoil: This is a type of laminate that is applied to a wood substrate to create a smooth, seamless finish. The cost for thermofoil cabinets can range from $100 to $300 per linear foot.
- Metal: Stainless steel and aluminum are popular choices for modern and contemporary kitchens. The cost for metal cabinets can range from $200 to $800 per linear foot.
- Glass: Glass cabinets can add a touch of elegance to any kitchen. The cost for glass cabinets can range from $200 to $600 per linear foot.
The style of the cabinets can also affect the cost. Cabinets with intricate details, such as raised panels or glass inserts, will be more expensive than simple, flat-panel cabinets. Cabinets with specialized features, such as pull-out shelves or built-in organizers, can also add to the overall cost.
It is also important to consider the cost of hardware and installation when budgeting for kitchen cabinets. Hardware, such as handles and knobs, can add $50 to $200 to the overall cost. Installation costs can vary depending on the complexity of the job and the experience of the contractor, but can add an additional $500 to $1,500 to the overall cost.
It is recommended to get quotes from different suppliers and contractors to compare prices and find the best option for your budget and needs. Additionally, it is important to keep in mind that investing in high-quality cabinets can save you money in the long run as they will last longer and require less maintenance.
Finally, the size of your kitchen and the number of cabinets needed can affect the cost. A larger kitchen with more cabinets will cost more than a smaller kitchen with fewer cabinets. It is important to take accurate measurements of your kitchen and plan out your cabinet layout before getting quotes to ensure you are getting an accurate estimate.
Overall, the cost of kitchen cabinets can range from a few thousand dollars for basic stock cabinets to tens of thousands of dollars for custom, high-end cabinets. It is important to consider your budget and desired features when selecting cabinets for your kitchen renovation.